To keep your smile safe from the risks that may be present this holiday season, it is important to make sure you are practicing safe and effective oral health care and hygiene routines that keep your smile well protected from the risks of tooth hazards. Listed below are numerous tooth hazards you should be aware of:
– A condition known as bruxism, which refers to teeth grinding unconsciously, can severely impair your oral health.
– Be aware that hard candies, including cough drops, can severely harm your teeth if bitten into. Furthermore, they are often heavily loaded with sugars that can lead to dental erosion and cavities.
– Seemly risk-free habits such as chewing on ice can lead to severe dental damage, including a chipped or cracked tooth, or trigger a lingering toothache.
– If you fail to wear the proper safety equipment such as mouth guards when partaking in potential high-risk activities, you can greatly harm your teeth
– Always make sure to guard your young infants from baby bottle tooth decay, which can often be caused by leaving a baby bottle in an infant’s crib overnight filled with dangerous substances that contain sugars.
– Stay away from mouth jewelry or any other similar risk including tongue piercings, as it can lead to nerve damage and severe oral ailments.
To upgrade your smile with optimum oral health care treatments, you are welcome to schedule a visit with our dentist in Wilmington, North Carolina. If you would like Dr. Cory Williams and our team at Cory Williams, DDS to bring you in for an oral exam or professional cleaning, please call our dentist office at 910-763-1072.