Are you caring for your teeth as best you can? Not only is it imperative to continue your oral health hygiene habits, but doing so effectively is also important. If you wish to enhance your oral health care, dental floss care is essential. Even if you are already flossing daily, there may be aspects of your flossing routine that can be improved.
For a better understanding of the basics of dental floss, listed below are principles concerning dental floss:
– When selecting the perfect dental floss, look for a thread that will not easily tear, such as single filament thread.
– Always use a new strand of floss for each treatment.
– Be sure to use a new section of floss between each tooth, which can be done by using a strand roughly 18 inches in length for each flossing section.
– To floss efficiently, wrap a section of floss around each finger, but make sure there is enough slack in the thread that you can move along the line as necessary.
– If flossing is giving you problems due to old age or muscle weakening, try switching to an alternative interdental cleaner such as a water flosser.
– An ideal flossing treatment should last between 2-3 minutes with each tooth’s sides being reached.
If you would like to set up an appointment to discuss your possible oral health care treatment with Dr. Cory Williams and our team at Cory Williams, DDS, please call 910-763-1072 to set up a visit to our dentist office in Wilmington, North Carolina. It’s never too late to start taking steps to a healthier you!