Are you struggling with bad breath and how to treat it? If so, you are not alone. Halitosis, also known as bad breath, is a condition that could be a sign of a serious problem and needs to be addressed. That is why, our team here at Cory Williams, DDS in Wilmington, North Carolina, is happy to talk to you about your bad breath concerns and how to treat it.
The first question when it comes to consistently bad breath is how do you treat it? There are many different ways to treat bad breath, which include:
– Brush and floss your teeth each day. Having a proper oral health routine is the key to having positive oral health.
– Use mouthwash daily. Mouthwash can kill bacteria in your mouth that is causing the bad breath.
– Clean your tongue. Your tongue can keep a hold on bacteria that creates your bad breath.
– Keep your saliva flowing. If you chew sugarless gum or foods like apples that require a lot of chewing, you are flushing bad bacteria from your mouth and could help rid your mouth of bad breath.
– Quit smoking. If you rid yourself from this deadly habit, not only will you have better breath, but your overall health and quality of life will become better.
– Visit your dentist regularly. By keeping your semi-annual appointment with your dentist, Dr. Cory Williams, you could be reducing plaque, tartar, cavities, and other oral health care concerns.
There are many different treatments to bad breath. Being able to restore your oral health is important for your personal life and professional life. If you feel it’s time for a checkup, or still have questions about your halitosis, please call us today at 910-763-1072 to set up an appointment. Our friendly staff is happy to help you in any way we can.